Enzo had an outlier day last Thursday. He went to his swim lesson in the Macan:
 |
| The Macan is a great daily driver |
Then, we jumped in the Boxster to go to Chicago:
 |
| The voyage begins! |
At which point, he hopped into Faris' Spyder RS to go to dinner, followed by a drive home in the C4S:
 |
| Lurking in the parking lot near Tocco |
How did this happen? Well, due to perfect timing, I needed to take the Boxster in for service and bring the C4S home. While I'd happily do this on my own, I decided to ask Enzo if he would be up for a little adventure. He was, and I was so happy he was up for it! I love traveling with that guy! I have such fond memories of our Boxster trip to Minneapolis, he's just a wonderful companion.
Of course, it wasn't too far into the drive before the inevitable happened.
 |
| The key to sleeping in a Boxster is to trade legroom for the ability to recline |
When we got to the Exchange, there was plenty of eye candy to examine. There was a particularly beautiful Taycan Turbo GT in South Sea Blue Metallic, the same color as Faris' RS. That color on that body looks stunning, it's a gorgeous shade!
After enjoying the dealership's hospitality, we bolted to
Tocco for dinner. It's a magical restaurant with incredibly authentic, homemade food that transports you to Italy.
 |
| Outdoor dining is the best! |
Much to our delight, Enzo tried burrata for the first time, and I managed to capture his love at first bite:
After dinner, we blasted down the expressway so we could pop in and visit the "Dumpster Boys." As kittens do, they're working hard to turn into cats!
 |
| The boys are big! |
 |
| Fond memories of when they were babies! |
While we could have easily lingered and chatted into the night, it was eventually time to saddle up and head for home. Enzo had a swim lesson in the morning, and I had to teach. So, it was time to take our leave of the amazing Uncle Faris and the boys:
 |
| Three Nijim Men! |
Naturally, the drive home looked a lot like the drive to Chicago!
 |
| Reclining is much easier in a 911! |
The trip passed quickly, and the C4S returned pretty admirable mileage for a sports car!
 |
| I'll take ~26 mpg! |
As we rumbled into the driveway, I roused Enzo from his slumber and got him all tucked in for the night:
 |
| What a day Enzo had! |
As I lay in bed, reviewing the day in my mind, thinking of how you can turn any day into an adventure, I kept coming back to the license plate I chose for the C4S (note the super cool license plate frame Faris got for me, it looks fantastic on the car!!):
 |
| Joyful |
The word is applicable in so many ways. Being in the C4S makes me joyful. Seeing the car makes me joyful. Sharing it with others makes me joyful. Using it as part of an adventure makes me joyful. Seeing my brother makes me joyful. Talking with my son and seeing his peaceful sleeping face makes me joyful. Thinking about the rest of my family makes me joyful. Reflecting on the positives of each day makes me joyful. Experiencing the highs and lows of human existence makes me joyful.
I am a lucky man, and am accutely aware of how truly truly lucky I am.
No comments:
Post a Comment