Tuesday, August 25, 2026

40,000 miles

 The C4S rolled 40,000 miles taking Enzo to school this week:

40,000 miles

It was a gorgeous, cool, sunny morning.  We had the sunroof cranked back and were just putting along, in no particular hurry, just enjoying spending some time in the car on the way to school.  This was one of those times when I knew exactly on which drive the odometer would spin, because when I parked the night before, I saw:

991!

I get a little thrill every time whenever a car-related number happens to find its way into my life.  When I parked and saw 991, that just made me happy.  When Madeline and I were rolling home earlier this year, the fact that it was 9:11 made me happy.  It makes me happy that I'm going to hit publish on this post at 3:56.  Yes, numbers are important!

Of course, since I knew 40,000 was coming, I also captured:

997!

I am a total car nerd.  

But more important than being a car nerd is getting to savor time together in a car.  I feel very, very lucky indeed that I get to drive Enzo to school every day.  It's just so delightful to get some alone time for 20-30 minutes.  Impossible to value.

964ing to school

991ing to school


No comments:

Post a Comment